Rental Terms & Conditions
Customer hereby accepts the Rental Terms and Conditions of the Moving Services Contract below:
- Customer grants Moving Company the right to enter the property at Current Address for the pick-up of the property to be moved and to enter the Destination Address to deliver the property at the specified time.
- Customer agrees to have all property packed into designated containers and ready for pick up on the Pickup date by ___:___am/pm.
- Moving Company or party in possession of any property described herein shall be liable at common law for any loss thereof or damages thereto, except as hereinafter provided.
- Moving Company shall not be liable at common law for any loss of or damage to the property being moved, except as hereinafter provided.
- Moving Company shall not be liable for any loss of property or damaged thereto or delay caused by an act of God, the public enemy, the authority of law, or an act or default of Customer. Moving Company’s liability shall be that of a warehouseman only, for loss, damage or delay caused by fire occurring after notice of the arrival of the property at the destination has been duly sent or given, and the placement of the property for delivery at destination or tender of delivery of the property to the party entitled to receive it, has been made. Except in the case of negligence of the Moving Company, the Moving Company shall not liable for loss, damage or delay occurring while the property is stopped and held in transit upon the request of Customer or resulting from a defect or inherent vice of the property, including susceptibility to damage because of atmospheric conditions such as temperature and humidity or changes therein or riots or strikes. Except in the case of Moving Company negligence, Moving Company shall not be liable for delay caused by highway obstruction, faulty or unpassable roadway, or lack of capacity of any roadway, bridge or ferry.
- In the case of quarantine, the property may be discharged at the risk and expense of the Customer into quarantine depot or elsewhere, as required by quarantine regulations or authorities or for the Moving Company’s dispatch at the nearest available point in the Moving Company’s judgement, and in such case, the Moving Company’s responsibility shall cease when the property is so discharged. Quarantine expenses of whatever nature or kind upon or in respect to the property shall be borne by Customer or Moving Company may file a lien on the property. Moving Company shall not be liable for loss or damage occasioned by fumigation or disinfection or other acts required or done by quarantine regulations or authorities even though the same may have been done by Moving Company’s employees or agents, nor for detention loss or damage of any kind occasioned by the quarantine or enforcement. The Moving Company shall not be liable, except in the case of negligence, for any mistakes or inaccuracies in any information provided by the Moving Company, its employees or agent as to quarantine laws or regulations. Customer shall hold Moving Company harmless from any expense it may incur, or damages it may be required to pay, by reason of the introduction of the property into any place against the quarantine laws or regulations in effect at such place.
- As a condition precedent to recovery, a claim for damages must be field by Customer in writing with the Moving Company within 90 days after delivery of the property, or in the case of failure to make delivery of the property, within 90 days of after reasonable time for delivery has elapsed, and suits against the Moving Company shall be instituted within two years of the day when Moving Company has given Customer written notice that Moving Company has disallowed Customer’s claim or any part of it as specified in Moving Company’s notice. Where a claim is not filed or a suit is not instituted in accordance with the foregoing provisions, Moving Company shall not be held liable and the claim will not be paid.
- Moving Company shall have full benefit of any insurance that may have been effected upon or on account of the property, so far as this shall not void the policies or contracts of insurance.
- Except where such service is required as the result of Moving Company’s negligence, all property shall be subject to necessary packing and bailing at Customer’s cost.
- Property not removed by Customer after notice of the arrival of the Property at the destination has been duly sent or given, and after tender of the property for delivery at destination has been made or property not received at time of tender of delivery of the property has been made, may be kept in vehicle, warehouse or place of business of moving Company subject to charges for storage and to Moving Company’s responsibilities as warehouseman, only, at the option of the Moving Company, may be moved to and stored at a public or licensed warehouse at the point of delivery or other available point, at the cost of Customer and held there without liability on the part of the Moving Company and subject to a lien by te4h Moving Company for freight, storage and other charges. In the event Customer cannot be found at address for delivery, notice of placing property in storage shall be mailed to the address given for delivery and to any other address given by Customer showing the address of the warehouse or other place where the property is placed.
- If non-perishable property which has been transported to destination hereunder is refused by Customer or agent upon tender of delivery, or Customer or agent fails to receive it or claim it within 15 days after notice or arrival has been sent or given, Moving Company may sell property at public auction to the highest bidder at such place as maybe designated by the Moving Company, provided that Moving Company shall have first mailed, sent or given notice to Customer that the property has been refused or remains unclaimed and that it will be subject to sale if disposition is not arranged for. Thirty days must have elapsed after notice that the property was refused or remains unclaimed was mailed, sent or given before sale of property may take place.
- If perishable property which has been transported is refused by Customer, or Customer fails to receive it promptly, Moving Company may, in its discretion, to prevent deterioration or further deterioration, sell the property to the best advantage at public or private sale; provided that if time serves for notification to Customer, notification shall be given, in such manner as the exercise of due diligence requires before the property is sold.
- The proceeds of any sale of unclaimed or refused property shall be applied by the Moving Company to the payment of freight, storage and other lawful charges and necessary expenses of caring for and maintaining the property. If there is a balance it shall be paid over to the Customer.
- Moving Company shall not carry or be liable in any way for documents, specie or for articles of extraordinary value not specifically listed out by Customer. Such listing shall be as specific as possible to identify the articles and shall include an estimate of value.
- Customer shipping explosives or dangerous goods without previous full written disclosure to Moving Company, shall be liable for and indemnify Moving Company against all loss or damage caused by the property and the property may be warehoused at Customer’s risk and expense or destroyed without compensation.
- Any alteration, addition or erasure in this Moving Services Agreement which shall be made without Moving Company notation shall be without effect and this Moving Services Agreement shall be enforceable according to its original terms.
- Customer acknowledges that the credit card it has presented to Moving Company for payment of the services herein covered, will be kept on file for the duration of the transporting of the property and for any delays in delivery of the property at the destination or for periods of storage as described above. Renter acknowledges and authorizes Moving Company to charge the credit card any amount associated with the above stated terms and conditions.